Image by jcomp on Freepik
So, we’ve all heard about infertility. Numerous men and female can face fertility struggles. Yes, you heard right! Both Men and women have their fair share of infertility. Don’t worry, though—Ravi Hospital is here to shed light on the causes and solutions for male infertility in a way that’s easy to understand.
Infertility is a challenging issue that affects millions of couples worldwide. Male infertility is a significant contributing factor in many cases of infertility. Understanding the causes and modern treatments for male infertility is crucial for couples seeking to start a family. In this blog, Let’s dive in and talk about male infertility.
Male Infertility: Why it is happening? Causes of Male Infertility
Male infertility isn’t a new term. It was there in different civilizations centuries ago. However, there was a steep decline observed in male fertility in the mid-1970s.
So, what are the causes of a sudden rise in the cases? What are the causes of infertility in males? You must know:
- Low Sperm Count, Poor Sperm Mobility & Abnormal Sperm Shape:: One of the most common causes of male infertility is a low sperm count (oligospermia). When a man produces fewer sperm than the normal range, the chances of fertilizing an egg are significantly reduced.
- Sperm must be able to swim effectively to reach and fertilize an egg. Poor sperm motility, known as asthenospermia, can hinder this process. Sperm laziness is the most common cause of couples not getting blessed with a child.
- Further Sperm shape also matters. This is termed as teratospermia. This condition refers to the presence of a high percentage of abnormally shaped sperm. Abnormalities in sperm shape can make it difficult for them to penetrate the egg.
- Ejaculation Disorders: Conditions like retrograde ejaculation, where semen is ejaculated into the bladder instead of out of the penis, can result in male infertility.
- Hormonal Imbalances: Hormonal issues, such as low testosterone levels or imbalances in hormones like FSH and LH, can impact sperm production.
- Varicocele: A varicocele is the enlargement of veins within the scrotum, which can raise the temperature in the testicles and harm sperm production.
- Obstruction in Sperm Transport: Blockages or obstructions in the reproductive tract can prevent sperm from reaching the semen.
- Smoking Habits, age, and lifestyle: Indeed. It is observed that excessive smoking can lead to decreased male fertility. Further, the majority of people work day and night in front of their computer leading an inactive and lazy lifestyle. This could trigger some issues in males and cause infertility.
- Environmental Issues: Exposure to environmental toxins, radiation, and certain medications can negatively affect sperm production and quality.
Are there any Modern Treatments available for Male Infertility?
Yes. Luckily with the advancements of the medical industries, it is possible to treat male fertility issues. At Ravi Hospital Noida, we provide you with a plethora of options to help you experience the joy of parenthood even if you have been diagnosed with infertility.
Have a glance at some common modern treatments:
- Medication for Hormonal imbalances: In cases where hormonal imbalances are the cause, medication can be prescribed to restore hormone levels and improve sperm production.
- Surgical Intervention: Surgical procedures can correct physical obstructions, such as varicoceles or blockages in the reproductive tract, to allow for the natural flow of sperm.
- Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART): ART techniques like Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) and In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) can help couples conceive by bypassing natural barriers to fertilization.
- Sperm Retrieval: In cases of severe male infertility, where sperm are not present in the ejaculate, sperm can be retrieved directly from the testicles or epididymis for use in IVF through procedures like Testicular Sperm Aspiration (TESA) or Percutaneous Epididymal Sperm Aspiration (PESA).
- Lifestyle changes: Adopting a healthy lifestyle by quitting smoking, reducing alcohol consumption, managing stress, and maintaining a balanced diet can improve sperm quality.
- Sperm Donor and Sperm Freezing: In cases where male infertility is untreatable, couples can consider using donor sperm for assisted reproduction. Further, a person can freeze his best quality sperm at a younger age to use later in life.
In a Nutshell:
Parenthood is a blessing and brings several miraculous moments to cherish forever. However, dealing with infertility can be devastating and heartbreaking. Though male infertility is a complex issue with a variety of causes, modern medicine offers a range of treatments to help couples overcome these challenges. Remember, with the right assistance, many couples can achieve their dream of starting a family despite male infertility challenges.
We can assist you in making your dream of parenthood true. Kindly contact us for any infertility issues.
Ravi Hospital has the best fertility clinic in Noida and other cities like Agra, Aligarh, etc. Further, we are known for the best IVF in Noida and Agra. So feel free to take the best consultation!